Custom Kitchen Pantries (Cincinnati & Dayton)
One of the most difficult rooms to keep organized is the kitchen pantry. One of the other problems with traditional pantries is the extreme amount of wasted space. So many homes either have fixed wire shelving (how many times have you had to pick up spices and other small items after they fell off your wire shelving?) or they have fixed wood shelves with no adjustability. (how much wasted space do you have with small cans in large spaces?) Distinctive Closets & Garage can design a plan for your new custom pantry to fit your family’s food storage and kitchen appliance needs.
The first step in understanding what your pantry cabinet needs are is to evaluate the current contents of your pantry closet:
- Do you prefer to purchase items in bulk and store them in containers?
- Do you buy large amounts of individually wrapped snacks for lunch boxes?
- Will you need a spice rack inside of your pantry?
- Will you be storing wine bottles in the pantry?
- How many kitchen appliances will be stored in your pantry closet?
- Would you rather have pull-out baskets or adjustable shelves for food storage purposes?
- Do you need a space for seldom-used items, such as fine china?
Once these questions have been answered, you will have a better idea of what kind of storage your pantry will need. We strive to provide you with a space where items can be stored in a single layer to avoid hidden items that get pushed to the back of your cabinet and spoil.
Adjustable shelving gives you the freedom to rearrange your pantry at any time to accommodate new appliances or bulk items. We suggest storing spices and canned food items on sliding racks for maximum visibility and access. Pull-out baskets are perfect for storing chips, onions, potatoes and snack-sized items. Canvas liner inserts will keep items contained inside the basket and add additional appeal.
Who knew pantry storage could be so glamorous? Call Distinctive Closets & Garage today to see how our design team can make your daily life more organized.